1. What are your thoughts about the title of the book? Would you have chosen a different title? If so, what would you have named the book?
2. Susan O’Neil displays both confidence and insecurity. What qualities most endear her to the reader? How do we identify with her?
3. Rekindling a high school romance is a fantasy of many gown women. Why do you believe Susan and Jim’s rekindled romance works, both as literature and realistically.
4. What scene was the most pivotal of the book? How do you believe the book would have been different if this scene had not taken place?
5. What surprised you the most about the book?
6. Were there any moments where you disagreed with the choices of any of the characters? What would you have done differently?
7. How do you think the issue of human trafficking was handled in the book?
8. Did you think the ending was appropriate? How would you have liked to have seen the ending go?
9. How have the characters changed by the end of the book?
10. Are there any books that you would compare this one to? How does this book hold up to them?